Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to a wonderful mom!


Today is my mother's birthday, and I just want to take some time to let everyone know how much I adore and appreciate her!! My mom is an incredibly talented woman! Her hobbies have always been musical or artistic, such as playing the piano and harp, doing quilting, making clothes for the kids, painting, or making stained glass windows. She also has always tried hard to be a good mom to us kids. I remember as a child her sitting me down to read or sing songs, and always letting us lick the bowl/spoons when she made dessert! She tried hard to make sure we were healthy (making homemade bread and making homemade dinners every night!) She also tried hard to have one-on-one time with the little ones (there were 6 of us you know, so she had her hands full!) She is an amazing mom, full of patience, thoughtfulness, kindness, humility, and she's fun to be around! She loves to play with the little ones and can get downright silly at times. I especially love that when I bring my kids over to visit Grandma! So Grandma Grimmer, we love you and hope your day is special!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I did not know my daughter and your mother shared a birthday! How fun! My oldest daughter Chesilyn's birthday is Sept 25 also, and so is Josies daughter Alisha!! Wow! Tell her Happy Birthday from me!!

Josie said...

Wow! What a busy day! That's my Alisha's birthday too. If we lived close we could have a huge party!! Tell your Mom Happy Birthday!!

Followers